Sunday, May 11, 2008

In The Beginning.....

First of all, I use Photoshop Elements for my layouts. My first digital scrapbooking was in making Christmas cards to send out. I didn't even think of it as digital scrapping. Here are my first "layouts" based on a tutorial I found on digital scrapbooking.

Christmas Card 2005:


Christmas Card 2006:Then, I decided to make a few layouts just for fun. I thought they came out pretty cute. The first came from pictures taken at Tate Farm where we go most Octobers for hayrides and pumpkin pickin. It is a very fun place. Jarrett and Jeremy usually have a blast.



With this layout, I used a template and just found some pictures to put in it to see how templates work. Templates are wonderful things. I love them.


We went to a hockey tournament where there was a professional photographer. He had magazine covers made from his pictures. They cost a fortune. I thought --- I can do that and I could. These are of Jarrett with his Peewee House Team - the Lightning with his coaches. He played up in age to play peewee house and was the leader in points (both goals and assists) as a center and winger. Jarrett has been playing hockey for 8 years.



This is of Jarrett right after they won the Country and Western Tournament in Nashville with his Squirt Travel Team - the Chargers. He played defense for the first time. It was really fun doing the magazines. I did them for some of his team mates too. They really turned out.

No comments: